Monday, December 12, 2016

Semana 39 - Say yes, to use the word "so," instead of the word "but."

Hello all,

This week was a tiring one, and I can’t say that it was particularly amazing either, but the good news is we have a baptism planned for this Sunday.  Whoo!  I’m hoping that announcing it won’t jinx it, but we're pretty stoked.  The people/investigators here who progress are the ones who "get" it, who understand the things we teach because they have open hearts.  I learned a lot this week from substituting the word, "but" with "so."  For example, "I should say my prayers. . ." is a sentence we can finish with "But I'm tired" or "SO I will," or "I should go to church" but "I don’t want to get out of bed" or "So I will."  There is great power in making good choices over and over because it forms a habit.  

Sometimes we really struggle with investigators who say, "I can’t" instead of "I can."  We help people learn how to pray and repent and sometimes it’s hard at first and there are always going to be a million excuses as to why NOT.  When we find the reasons within ourselves to do things, to say, "I should do___, so I will," is when real conversion happens.  In preach my gospel, it tells us the signs of true conversion is when we have desires to share the gospel with others, desires to choose the right, desires to be obedient.  So I challenge you all to look for the reasons to say yes, to use the word "so," instead of the word "but." Like I said, this week wasn't super eventful but on Thursday we went to Tonalá for a zone conference and it was super, super good!! Hope you all have a great week!  

Con mucho amor, Hermana Dangl

 New hymnbook cover- our zone had them made.

 Me with tacos de lengua :) 

 Hermana Dangl and Emperatriz

Zona Tonala

No comments:

Post a Comment