Monday, April 10, 2017

Semana 56 - We choose our own happiness

Happy Monday!

I want to start by thanking all the people who faithfully read my letters... thank you all for your prayers and support. The mission is a journey, and I don't think I could do it without everyone back home who's rooting for me. Thank you! This week was the first one of the transfer, so I'm on to my 3rd transfer here in Terrazas (in Tuxtla, Gutierrez.)  I'm actually not totally sure what happened this week. It was a weird one! We did have a huge miracle though! 

Monday was just a normal P-day with nothing really special happening. On Tuesday, we basically waited the whole day at the bus station for the new sister missionaries who were coming to our zone. Hermana Nelson (my companion in the MTC) and I talked for a really long time catching up on a YEAR'S worth of things. I imagine it'll be like that when I come home as well. 

Wednesday started off as a normal day until after our English classes. So during the class, the Bishop asked us to come to his office when we finished. So we did, and he introduced us to a young woman and told us, "Hermanas this is April and she wants to be baptized!" She had been baptized as a young girl, but her records had been lost because she had been less active for basically her whole life. Now, she wants to be baptized again and let me tell you, Hermana Arellano and I were more than happy to help her out. 

On Thursday we had a funny lesson with a less active part member family where the dad explained to us that worms are actually really healthy and his son basically fell out of his chair when he heard that and we laughed so hard.  

On Friday we were walking to an appointment when we passed an open window with a woman lying on her bed. We asked if we could sing her a hymn, and she passed us the keys to the front door and told us to come in. What?! So we opened the door and came in and it turned out that she's been ridden for the past 13 years and was more than happy to talk with us. 

On Saturday we visited more people as well, including a woman who teaches Catholic children in her church. It was a tiring day, then it was Sunday=church! In Gospel Principles this week we taught about the Second Coming and I learned a TON of stuff that was super interesting. We contacted a lot and have a few new investigators we're excited to teach. 

All in all, it was a pretty normal week. I learned a lot this week about how to be happy and our purpose here on earth. My mission has made me a really strong believer in that we choose our own happiness. When we love and serve others, have faith in Christ, and are obedient, we can be happy in spite of our circumstances. I've seen in my companion as well, as she suffers a lot from her hernias yet is a happy person because she chooses to be, even though it's hard. We all have a divine nature and infinite potential, but it's up to us to act! It's up to us to choose. No one said it was easy, but the best things in life usually require a little bit of patience and some elbow grease. Our lives will never be exactly how we want them to be, but they'll be how they're meant to be, and that's what's important! I hope you all have a great week! 

Con amor, Hermana Dangl 







No comments:

Post a Comment