Thursday, April 7, 2016

Semana 3 - ¡La lucha es real!‏


Hello all! Conference weekend was great! We were so spiritually fed. We watched all of the sessions plus Women´s conference.  In both Dallin H. Oaks and Donald L Mallstrom´s talks, they mentioned the Refiner´s fire. Mallstrom asked us if we have absolute trust in God that He allows hardships to come so that He can bless us. This totally made me think of my days here at the CCM. God is putting us through trials and refining us into the missionaries He needs us to be so that we can better serve Him. The longs days mean we have more time to learn which in turn leads to a better understanding of the gospel and the language we will soon be teaching about and to real investigators. All the hard things we do will bless us or help us better serve others (which in turn blesses us!) The Refiner (God) knows exactly how hot the fire needs to be and how long you need to stay in there to mold you into an instrument for His hands. 

There were a lot of great talks and I did a lot of crafting/drawing/scripturestickering during the sessions (while taking notes and listening, don´t worry) so that I wouldn´t fall asleep like many of the over tired missionaries around me. Of course, Elder Holland´s talk was AMAZING and I loved that he said, "We may pass through deep waters, but we shall never be consumed nor overwhelmed,” and “All things work for good for those who love God." The first one especially was meaningful to me because it gives me hope!

Funny story- after conference we (the hermanas in my district and I) walked back to our classroom and there was a bird on the floor by the door to the hallway from outside and when we walked up, it got scared and started flying down the hall. We thought it was going to hit the window above the door! But the Hermanas on the other side saw it coming and started screaming so it turned around and came back towards us. We all ducked behind something and it kept going, hit the window above the door on our side and fell to the floor and died. It was really sad and terrible but also kind of hiliarious because the whole situation was so stupid.  It´s the little things like that, that make you die with laughter here. 

Sunday night we got to watch ‘Meet the Mormons,’ which I had never seen. On Monday I went ot the Enfermeria becuase I had been feeling a bit sick all weekend and one of the hermanas, Hna Christensen, had been feeling super sick. EVERYONE was coming down with a weird stomach virus so the Enfermeria was packed. In the comodor everyone was basically only eating bread and juice because everything else makes your stomach hurt (beacuse it´s all spicy, greasy, fried, or hot). The Dr. gave me some low key meds and the go ahead to sleep during our service activity. So the other sick Hna and I were on splits and slept while our comps helped the staff fold sheets for the whole CCM. When we went to class after, Hna Nelson (my comp) said I looked really red and my forehead was really really hot.  PLus my stomach still hurt and I was having chills/sweats so we went back to the Enfermeria after we taught our investigator, Cristian. When the nurse was checking me out, Hna Nelson told her that I felt hotter earlier. The nurse didn´t like that because my temp ended up being 103.6! The Dr. gave me some heigh key instense meds this time(hallelujah). SO that was a rough day. The next day was better and when I saw the Dr. again he told me that the stomach problems everyone has can probably be attributed to a new missionary bringing in the Nora Virus. And since the CCM is a small little community, it spread like crazy. So people have been calling it the brown plague (gross but hilarious). Eventually, everyone in my district (that’s 7/8 people) got sick and the only healthy one is starting to feel sick too. But I´m all good! I actually lucked out because I got a fever  then I got the hard core drugs and it made me get better waaayyy faster than all my district-mates who are just chugging pepto and taking a lot of frequent bathroom trips. 

To explain "La lucha es real"- we sang it in a song and started laughing because we say that here as "the struggle (or fight) is real". We also taught Diana on Martes as well. Basically, right now we have two investigators- Diana and Cristian (they´re actually our maestros pretending to speak no english and know nothing about the church) and then we go to TRC a few times a week where we teach members of the church who volunteer to be investigators. I have 2 moring maestros and 2 afternoon maestros. The classes are immersion so they only speak to us in spanish. I´m getting used to waking up at 6:30 though, but it is still kind of hard. 

Per request, a little more about my compañera. Hermana Nelson is from Bakersfield, CA and she is also going to Tuxtla. We get along pretty well and it definitely takes patience, but I´m sure that feeling is mutual. I only get one hour on pday to email (which sucks because regular mail takes a million years!) so I will try to reply to everyone that sends me mail but it´s hard on a time crunch! Please know that I appreciate all the love, prayers, and good thoughts you all send my way, even if I don´t always have time to tell you personally. My district jealously makes fun of the amount of mail I get. :) We are going to the Mexico City temple in a couple hours so I will try to send pictures of that next week. 

Con amor, Hermana Dangl 



No comments:

Post a Comment