Thursday, April 21, 2016

Semana 5 - "The Day My Companion Left Me"

Semana 5!  Things are getting so real!  The CCM (Spanish Missionary Training Center) is the best and the worst at the same time.  I can’t wait to leave but I am also terrified of leaving the CCM.  We (Hermana Nelson & I) are still teaching Diana, Cristian, and people at TRC.  We’ve started to also teach each other.  We used to have Libro de Mormon Study Time from 7:00-7:30 am & 12:00 – 12:30 pm and now they assigned us a new companion, an investigator, and a member to do 9 lessons with.  We get 15 minutes prep and then teach 15 minutes.  It’s interesting to teach with new people.  I like being an investigator though.  We (as investigators) have profiles based on real people from home that we pose as.  My profile is of someone I went to high school with.  It’s kind of cool to be on the other side of things.  On Tuesday Hermana Nelson and I were going to go to the US Consulate because she’s having passport issues because of her signature last week.  They wouldn’t let me go, I guess it’s high security there so I didn’t even drive with them.  I was in a trio with Hermana Keeler & Christensen for a lot of the day which was super weird.  You go everywhere with your companera. They always have to be in sight and hearing distance at all times.  It was really weird at first but now that I’m so used to it, it’s bizarre to be without her!  We are learning imperfect v. preterit right now.  I received some mail in Spanish (thank you!) and it takes a little longer to read but I actually understand it!  I never thought I would be able to do that and I can’t wait to get better.  I know it will come.  It has been raining a lot here, tons of lightning and really loud thunder.  Plus, we switched classrooms!  Our new classroom is about 1/3 of the size of our old one, it doesn’t have cupboards for our books and it’s really far away!  We’re trying to be positive about it.  I think we moved because this is the slow time for the CCM so they are closing down certain buildings and doing construction.  For P-day this week we got to go to the temple again.  So gorgeous!  We listened with headphones that translate because it’s kind of important to understand everything.  I love driving through the city to get to the temple.   Mexico is so interesting to me!  There’s just random splotches of bright color on everything.  I think it’s really cool.  Next week will be our last full week.  I think we all leave for Tuxtla around May 2nd or 3rd.  Spiritual Thought: We listened to a talk by Jeffrey R. Holland and a lot of it was about missionary work but I think this was applicable.  He told us that we should care enough to learn the gospel.  That seems like he’s stating the obvious, but ask yourself.  Do you know what you believe in?  And if not, do you care to find out?  Thank you all for your continuous love and support! 

Con amor,  

Hermana Dangl



1 comment:

  1. Estoy muy agradecida para ver su progreso y el crecimiento de su espiritualidad. Va a recibir muchisimas bendiciones ensenando el evangelio en Mexico. Hoy dia tenia una conversacion con el manejador de taxi quien es de Haiti. Me contaba del servicio que hacen los misioneros mormones en su pais para la gente pobre. Me dijo que debieran hacer lo mismo con toda la juventud del mundo! Ademas, me dijo que dificil es y que lucha es ir a la escuela y recibir una educacion por razon de la corupcion del gobierno. Dijo que casi 40 porcentaje del la gente no tiene trabajo. Que sea una bendicion a nuestros hermanos hispanicos.

    ReplyDelete