Monday, June 27, 2016

Semana 15 - This week flew by!



This week flew by!  It’s true what they say that the time really flies.  We’re trying to work more with the members so we had our recent convert Susi, accompany us on Tuesday.  We planned a tight schedule, with all of our appointments super close to each other.  We thought it was funny when she was like “I thought you guys said all the citas “appointments” we’re close?”  I forget that we walk literally everywhere, anywhere, and all over Tonala and that it’s hard for people who aren’t used to it.  On Wednesday I had a really good day.  Nothing special happened, just one of those days where I really felt loved by the members and like I loved Tonala and my missionary work here.  Also a good day because Pozol!  I don’t know how I ever thought chocolate corn water was gross.  That stuff is so good haha. 

I miss my other trainer but Herman Limon is also really great.  I love both my trainers but they are different.  We were really tired this week, physically and mentally.  It’s always hot here but I came in the hottest time of the year and it’s definitely cooler now than a month ago.  I hear there’s a heat wave in California right now – you guys get to experience a little bit of how it feels in Tonala. :o)  Also, Thursday was my 3 month mark which was exciting!  I feel like 3 months isn’t very long but that I’ve been away from home for a really long time.  I also feel that I’ve changed a lot in these 3 months.  I read some journal entries from the beginning of my times in the CCM (Mexico City Missionary Training Center) and also in the mission field.  It felt like the hardest thing ever!  Like I couldn’t bear it, the lack of understanding with the language and the days that felt like 10 years and the horrible heat of the hottest area of the mission in the hottest time of the year.  Truthfully, all I wanted was to go home and speak English.  I have really started to understand the attribute of patience throughout my 3 months in Mexico.  I actually love it here now though.  Me encanta Tonala y la obra misional.  :o) (I love Tonala and Missionary Work).

To quote the scriptures, “I know in whom I have trusted.  My God hath been my support; He hath led me through mine afflictions in the wilderness; and He hath preserved me upon the waters of the great deep.”  (2 Nephi 2:19-20) I love this!  Trust in the Lord in your times of trial and affliction, steadfast in faith, and He will preserve you, lead you and guide you through the storms of life.  I know this is true because I’ve seen it in my life these past 3 short months.  I’m already seeing how my mission and the Lord are doing so much more for me than me for the Lord.  Everyday my mission forces me to be better!  It’s still hard of course, but I know in whom I have trusted, and that makes it all worth it.  I hope you are all doing well, don’t forget to pray, read your scriptures, and go to church! 


Con mucho amor desde Tonala, Hermana Dangl 

Herman's Limon's first time to drink Frapezol aka known as Mexican Starbucks.
 It is unique to Tonala - Ingredients: cream, chocolate syrup, sprinkles, 
and agua de coco along with pozol (chocolate corn water)
I get this every Pday because it's really good! 



 At church with the members. 



Selfie with my companion Hermana Limon!

No comments:

Post a Comment