Monday, September 5, 2016

Semana 25 - More rain & Pday at the beach

Hello all!

Another week has passed and I think if I were to describe this past week with one word it would be “rain.”  Basically in the morning it’s hot and all the fans are pointing towards us as we do our studies.  Then when we leave our apartment the rains starts to pour and doesn’t stop until we come home at night.  On Tuesday we had a multi zone activity at the beach, “Playa del sol.”  It was great!  We had to leave super early to get to Tonala and then our zone rode together in the back of a truck for about an hour to get to the beach.  It was so nice out and the water was so warm! 

On Wednesday the rain started again and we also got free AMAZING quesadillas.  Occasionally people give you free food because you’re a missionary and it’s really nice.  On Thursday we had splits with our sister training leaders and it was great!  We were so soaked because once again it was raining.  I was with Hermana Nolasco in Jubileo and Hermana Arellano was with Hermana Connolly in La Bendicion.  It was pouring so hard and we were basically walking in a river.  The water covered my feet and at one point was up to my knees.  I don’t even know how it’s possible but seriously the clouds just dump water.  We got a little bit held up in a lesson in Jubileo so it was getting dark as we tried to find transportation back to Mapa.  Jubileo is kind of dangerous at night so we were freaking out because there weren’t any combis and taxis didn’t want to take us because we were wet.  We said a prayer and like a minute later we saw the headlights of a combi coming. It was amazing because the combis usually don’t run later either, and the driver was on his last round. 

On Saturday we went out to La Vainilla to proselyte, and surprise it was raining.  We were lucky enough to be accompanied by the nephew of our Branch President Toledo. He’s six years old and walked around wrapped in a large tarp.  It was probably the cutest thing ever.  An investigator brought us out coffee and we all declined but President said maybe Bryan would like it, the six year old.  So she handed him the cup and he looked at it with the saddest face.  So I asked him if he likes coffee, and he shook his head no and the investigator saw but thought he said it was too hot.  So she took the cup away and he was so relieved.  Two minutes later she comes out with a new cup but not as hot and hands it to him.  His face was so dejected and I was laughing so hard.  Later I put up my hand for a high five and he just set his hand in mine and then left it there and I died laughing.  Later he farted in a lesson just as I was about to invite the investigator to come to church with us and I was dying.  Again I’m laughing just writing about it, this little kid was the funniest thing ever. 


We received transfers and the fact that we’re starting a new transfer is so crazy I can’t believe it went so fast.  I was crazy nervous all day because we thought Hermana Arellano was going to leave.  Good News:  We’re both staying here in Mapastapec.  Wahoo!  I’m super excited for the next 6 weeks.  I’ve been super blessed with amazing companions thus far, and the Hermana Arellano is no exception. :o)  Our goal is to baptize all of Mapastapec.   I think that’s every missionary’s goal. haha  We also found an apartment with AC so we’re looking to move soon and I think the prospect of AC was the most exciting thing that happened in my whole mission.  Basically all is well here and life is good.  Hope you all have a great week.  Con much amor, Hermana Dangl 

 A note in the written in the sand from my companion, Hermana Arellano.
Hermana Dangl I love you!








 A picture with Hermana Connolly my Sister Training Leader. 




 Branch President Toledo & his nephew Bryan wearing a tarp to keep the rain off of him. 
 I am wearing the Kettley Family Reunion t-shirt my Grandma sent me.  Press Forward! 

No comments:

Post a Comment