Monday, May 8, 2017

Semana 60 - Why is this so hard?

Hola, hola! 

I hope everyone's doing super well. Today (Monday), we are going to San Cristobal, so I don't actually have a lot of time to write; my letter may be short this week. This week, we continued to face a lot of rejection. We had a little more success this week than last, but honestly it's rough. Jeffrey R. Holland once said in a talk addressed to missionaries, "Why is this so hard?" I've asked myself that same question many times. Elder Holland also gave us the answer as well: "Because salvation is not a cheap experience." Maybe sometimes it's hard, but it will be worth it. I'll give some highlights of the week. 

On Thursday, we had our multi-zone conference. Our district leaders told us to come hungry because there would be breakfast, so we did. Unfortunately, there wasn't breakfast. :o) The conference was good, and we learned about all the promises that God has in store for us as part of the House of Israel. It rained! Chamoyadas! Hermano Aram's specialty. It's a lime/watermelon drink with Chamoy. Last Friday we celebrated Cinco de Mayo or Battalla de Puebla! No one had school that day, but no one really actually celebrates anything for this holiday either. 

Companion exchanges with the Hermanas in "La Salle." I was with Hermana Nelson here in Terrazas, and it went well. She was my MTC companion, so to be with her again after more than a year was really cool. We've both grown a lot since our time together in the MTC! We worked well though, and I learned some new things being with her. Pedro went on a few visits with us, and it was cool because he has only been a member for like 2 months, but his testimony is so strong.  On Saturday we taught Fabian and some of the other young men recent converts about Priesthood authority, and it went well. Fabian is all ready for his baptism this Saturday. We're stoked! :o) Those are the highlights. 

This week that starts today is the last week of the transfer. Aka my companion's last week in the mission! What?! It doesn't feel real and hasn't actually hit me yet, honestly. To close I'd like to share something that I really like that I learned from Elder James B. Martino of the Seventy. He talked about how Nephi, a prophet from the Book of Mormon, went through many of the same experiences that his brothers, Laman and Lemuel went through. They all went through hard times and had many hardships, yet Laman and Lemuel rebelled against their Father and God and fell into iniquity whereas Nephi was made stronger and more faithful in spite of (and because of) his hardships. The difference? The personal faith and trust he had in God coupled with strong spiritual habits that steered him towards obedience to God's commandments. That's the secret. I hope we can all try to be more like Nephi and put God's will above our own. I love you all, have a great week! 


Con amor, Hermana Dangl 


Hermana Dangl, Nayeli (member), and Hermana Nelson.
 Taquitos!!!

 Janeth, Hermana Arellano, and Hermana Dangl. The members were accompanying them on visits this week. 

Companion exchanges with Hermana Nelson, Pedro y Hermano Aram.

No comments:

Post a Comment