Monday, June 19, 2017

Semana 66 - Temple, Las Mananitas, & Happy Birthday!

Hey Everyone,

I never know how to start these letters, so my companion told me that I should start by telling everyone how great she is... haha! It's true. I do have a great companion. Our transfer here has seriously flown by, and now we're starting the last week of the transfer. For those who might not know, a transfer is about 6 weeks long, and the mission (18 months for girls) is divided into 13 transfers. So, we are in the last week of my 11th transfer.

But anyway some bullet points about the week:

  • It was rainy and gloomy but still hot. :o)
  • We got to an appointment with a less active member who sings opera. She was practicing. While we were outside listening, we had a TV moment because someone called us and she then realized we were there. Oops. 
  • We ate Ninguijute (not sure I spelled it right) a traditional meat dish from Zoque (not sure where that is)
  • English Classes
  • We served a less active member, who has a newborn baby, by washing all her windows. 
  • We met President Pieper, the Mexico Area President. We focused on Jacob 5 from the Book of Mormon. The Book of Jacob talks a bit about a parable about trees in a vineyard. We focused on the roots of the trees. If a tree is not properly rooted, it becomes top heavy and can be blown over in the wind and gets uprooted. When the roots are long, strong, and numerous, the tree will be that way as well and will be able to give forth fruit. The roots for missionaries (and members) are hard work and discipline, obedience, companionship, and love for the Lord. If these things are in check the mission will always be manageable and successful. 
  • We got to go to the temple, and it was AWESOME! It was packed though. We got there at like 6:40 am, and there was only 1 slot open for the 9 am session. By a miracle we got another slot for my companion. The temple is the BEST because it's literally God's house on earth and prayerful questions really get answered there. 
  • I bought myself a hammock for my birthday, and it was one of the best decisions I've ever made. 
  • I turned 21! My companion sang to me first thing in the morning "Las Mananitas." Then at church some members sang to me. Afterwards when we ate with the Bishop's family, they brought out a cake and sang to me as well. It was a good day! :o) 
  • Another note about the temple... the members here have the goal to go every week, and they do it! It impresses me. Honestly, I want to be more like them. Every Thursday is the ward's afternoon to go and they take advantage of it!
  • We have some investigators that are progressing. Our biggest problem is that many aren't married but live together, so they can't be baptized. Whyyyy?! Satan will always put as many obstacles as possible to impede people from doing the right thing. The saddest thing is when the parents impede the children. This week a mom told us not to come because her 11 and 12 year old sons are a different religion and will never change. I respect the authority that parents have, but all we do is teach people how to pray, love God, and make good decisions. 
  • On Sunday I asked God to send all our investigators to church for my birthday, and He did. Woo! :o)

Thank you to all who sent me birthday wishes for my birthday. I really appreciate it! 
Have a great week everyone! 

Con much amor, Hermana Dangl 


The  Bishop and his wife made her a cake!  21 years old on Father's Day! 


They all chanted and told her to bite the cake so she did.  Haha! 


 Birthday Hammock 


Zone Mactumatzà 

 District Suchiapa

Birthday Breakfast 

21 years ago, on June 18th, Hermana Dangl made her dad a Father.  6-18-17 was on Father's Day this year and she is now 21.  Such an precious baby that has grown into an amazing young women and servant of the Lord. 

No comments:

Post a Comment