Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Semana 67 - New Area - Comitan, Training, & Parable of the Fisherman

Hola, hola! This week literally flew by, and sadly my time here in Terrazas has come to a close. I really enjoyed this week and the past 6 months here!!! Here are some bullet points about the week:

  • We had Family Home Evening with a less active family, and it went really well. We told them about a modern parable, and here is how it goes: There once was a fisherman who was fishing with no success. So he decided to swim around to see if he could find any fish. Instead, he found a clam and he opened it and found a pearl, which he knew he could sell to buy food. He kept searching and found 6 more pearls for a total of 7. On his way home, a beggar asked him for food. The fisherman gave him 6 of the pearls, keeping only one for himself. He headed home, hid his pearl and then slept through the night. In the morning, he looked for his pearl so that he could go to the market to sell it for food. However, he couldn't find it. It turned out the beggar had followed him home and snuck in at night while the fisher was sleeping and had stolen the last pearl. How can we apply this story? God has given us something precious – 6 days every week to work, buy, and do many things. He only keeps one day for himself, and when we don't keep the Sabbath Day holy, we are like the thief in the night who snuck in to steal the last pearl because weren't satisfied with 6 and needed 7th. 
  • Rained a lot this week but only during our lessons lessons and not a lot as we walked in the streets. #little miracles.
  • N & F are progressing investigators who have a million questions, but that is great! They have been coming to church for the past 3 weeks now. (!!:o) and my testimony of working with the members has grown. Hermana Valencia and I struggle a little bit sometimes because we lack experience in things like marital issues and adult stuff. The members are so awesome and help us and the investigators out. 
  • This week we had to answer some hard questions, but God helped us (always!).
  • Companion Exchanges with Villaflores! I was with Hermana Tlachi in Villaflores, and it went well! Before we weren't allowed to knock on doors (I think they call it tracting), but now we can, so we gave it a shot, and it was... interesting. When you knock on a random door, you NEVER know what kind of people you're going to meet... it was fun. 
  • 15 months in the Mission!
  • We helped clean the church building and also helped with a mutual activity... the youth program here has grown, because we have recent converts who are young. Whoo!
  • We received TRANSFERS. I am leaving Terrazas and going to Comitan! Comitan is about 4 hours from Tuxtla and it's up in the mountains. That means... cold weather! What!? My trainer once told me that I would never go to a cold area until I learned to love the heat (because I always said I wanted to go up in the mountains) and I never believed her but it turned out to be true! I've heard that Comitan has a ton of beautiful lakes and lagoons and that it rains a lot. We will see! My companion is Hermana Diaz and I'll be training her. Another hija (daughter)!
  • Church was super awesome. Why? Because 3 of my converts passed the sacrament, one of whom did it for his first time. Another one of my converts gave a talk. I felt a very special spirit when someone who I had taught, taught me and the investigators and members who were present in the in meeting. The mission really is the best but saying goodbye is the hardest part. Terrazas has a very special place in my heart and I hope to never forget the people I've met and the experiences I've had here. 


Con amor,

Hermana Dangl 

They made their shirts.  First they bought the shirts, then Hermana Dangl made the design and then the store put it on the computer to make their personalized t-shirts. So cool! 

Hermana Marisol took them to Canyon del Sumidero

  Hermana Dangl and Hermana Valencia with Canyon del Sumidero in the background.








Family Home Evening with an object lesson about the importance of going to church, reading the scriptures, and praying daily. 

FHE (Family Home Evening) Game 




  Companion exchanges with Villaflores.


Investigators Hermana Dangl had to say goodbye to. 


 Hector accompanied them on their visits and was their  "security guard." haha!

 Hermana Dangl saying goodbye to members as she leaves her area after 6 months.





It is hard saying goodbye to the members.





No comments:

Post a Comment