Monday, October 17, 2016

Semana 31 - Tiburoncito y Flores del Mar

Hello all!

Wow, what a week.  So much has happened including transfers. Whoo! I’m on to my 5th transfer since getting to the mission field.  A transfer is 6 weeks and every transfer there’s a possibility of changing your area and companion.  I’ll reveal my transfer in the end.  On Tuesday we had a super sketchy experience that we think was actually divine help.  We have a smoke/carbon monoxide alarm that is uniform throughout the mission.  At 5:00 am it went off super loud. The thing is, it’s for smoke and carbon monoxide so the number of beeps tells you what the problem is.  I didn’t see any smoke so I was pretty sure we were dying of carbon monoxide poisoning.  So we got up, turned on all of the lights, and went to check which beeps meant what.  The alarm went off for (non existent) smoke.  It’s a good alarm without problems so I’m pretty sure Heavenly Father was protecting us from something else, maybe outside.  Who knows?  

We also went to Tonala on Tuesday for a district meeting and our district leader surprised us with “Flores del Mar,” from Puerto Arista.  They’re sea flowers preserved in water and vinegar.  On Wednesday, we went to Jubileo and after we taught the miracle contact, the family from last week that called us over to them, they accepted baptism with a date AND came to church on Sunday.  They’re exactly what we call “escogidos” here (chosen).  So the excitement is very VERY real.  Also there were fireworks at night! I have no clue for what but we watched them from the backyard.  On Thursday we had companion exchanges with the Sister Training Leaders.  Hermana Ilizarbe and I went to La Vainilla while Hermana Arellano and Hermana Nolasco stayed here in Mapa.  We ended up having to wait forever for a combi but had some really good lessons over there.  One of the kids of one of our investigators gave us a little sardine for our tank.  I think I’ve mentioned before that sometimes the people put a fish or two in their tanks of water.  I used to think that was gross but it’s actually better because the tanks are open still water that you use to wash everything and sometimes to shower with and what not.  The fish eat all of the bacteria and mosquitoes and you don’t have to clean the tank and he seemed pretty happy.  We named him “Tiburoncito,” little shark. 

On Thursday in the morning we had some problems with ants carrying out eggs from underneath one of the cinderblocks that was holding down the plastic covering of the tank.  We decided to take off the plastic and blocks to clean it all and kill all the ants.  We safely removed all of the other parts but dropped the ONE block that was covered in Raid, ants, and eggs into the water.  We had to take out all of the water with buckets and clean everything and then refill it.  We put Tiburoncito in that night. 

On Friday a child stole my hand fan and threw a rock at me. :o(  We also went to Sesecapa and it rained super hard.  We had a lot of appointments fall through so we visited a less active who told us that she doesn’t think Heavenly Father listens to her prayers.  This is one of the huge lies of Satan.  Heavenly Father DOES listen to prayers.  I’ve received answers to my prayers so I know it’s true.  We shared one of my favorite scriptures from the Bible that I think I’ve shared in a letter before but it says, “If God be for us, who can be against us?”  And I testify that God is always for us.  

On Saturday we received transfers and Hermana Arellano’s going to Tuxtla Mactumata to be a Sister Training Leader and I’m staying here to train!  I’m going to have an hija (daughter).  We both started crying really hard when we found out, I ‘ve never been so sad to leave a companion.  I love all my compas, but this time it’s very, very hard.  Also, I’m not going to lie, I’m freaking out over the whole training thing.  I feel 100% so NOT ready.  I can barely manage myself, I have no clue how I’m supposed to help/train someone else.  Haha!  I’m going to Tuxtla today, Monday, and on Tuesday the big reveal of who it is will happen.  

On Sunday, we had the highest church attendance ever for us!  36!  We started out with it being 17!  We also sang in our 5 person choir and I played the piano and the leaders from Tonala came for Branch Conference.  Then came the goodbyes.  . . . we’ve been a mess since we got the news.  Also to make things worse Tiburoncito died.  We tried to feed him tortillas and dead mosquitoes but apparently they eat dirt, something I didn’t know.  That night from 10:30 pm to 2:30 am we washed clothes and now we have blisters, because we leave on Monday and there’s no time for our clothes to dry if we do it Monday.  So we hand washed our clothes in the middle of the night, something I thought I never I would have to do.  The cuarto is a whirlwind packing mess and we’re leaving pretty soon for Tuxtla.  Next week I’ll have pics of my new compa and her name and everything.  Hope everyone have a good week.  

Con mucho amor, Hermana Dangl 

 “Flores del Mar,” from Puerto Arista




 With our Capacitadoras (Sister Training Leaders)
 Hermana Ilizarbe and Hermana Dangl 
 Selfie with the Capacitadoras
 La Bendicion

 The members of the church with callings in our branch.
 Picture with Hermana Esther
Picture with Hermano Jonathan, Hermana Martha and Baby Jonathan - recent converts
 The escogido (chosen) family we're teaching.

 Compa cleaning the tank.

 Tiburoncito

Death of Tiburoncito

No comments:

Post a Comment