Monday, February 6, 2017

Semana 47 - Time Flies & Mango Obsession

Hello! 

This week honestly flew by. Honestly, the whole transfer is flying by and I don’t know what to do about that.  I think it's the fastest going transfer of my mission and that probably is because it's one of the best – I really like my area, I have a great companion, the members are nice, the other Hermanas in the zone are great as well.  I'm worried about jinxing something!

On Monday we enjoyed our extra hours of P-day which was nice and had a meeting with the zone leaders to plan the district meetings for Tuesday.  Afterwards we went to Family Home Evening with M and her 2 kids and the bishop's family.   It was great!   Partly because they gave us atole and partly because we learned about the importance of recognizing our identities as children-sons and daughters of God.  When Moses sees all the creation that is and the future of what will pass and walks with God, he is confronted by Satan directly after Satan tells him to adore him, and he asks, "Who art thou? For behold, I am the Son of God, in the similitude of His only Begotten."  There is great power in knowing your purpose and divine worth as a Child of God.  

On Tuesday we had the district meeting!  That means the zone leaders and my companion and I taught the district leaders and then they taught their districts what we had taught them.  It was good!  We did companion exchanges, so I went to Villaflores with Hermana Behymer.  She's from California as well.  I like exchanges because I get to see other areas and how other people work, and I can learn a lot from that.  Plus we get to help the other Hermanas with their personal needs and anything that might impede the work. 

On Wednesday we taught English Classes and a lesson with M that was hard because we had to end up moving her baptism date to the 18th, but it's fine because there was a valuable lesson to be learned on her part.  

On Thursday we rested a bit because my companion wasn’t feeling good, but I’m not complaining because I got to sleep.  

On Friday we found mango-pinas, and we both just about died.  (!!!)  My mango obsession is becoming very real which is okay because the season is just about to start and it's going to rain mangos on all of Chiapas.  

On Saturday, it was hot out, and we got a little glimpse of what will be coming really soon – the hot, hot, humid heat.  For now it’s not too bad, but soon Chiapas will be an oven.  We watched the Restoration Movie with M, and it was really good.  It always amazes me to see how much the early members suffered, and it also makes me pretty sad.  

On Sunday we had a normal day but ended up coming home a bit early so Hermana Arellano could rest.  I think I mentioned it in a past letter, but she really needs your prayers.  She's still suffering quite a bit from back pain.  All in all though, it was a good week!  Very normal.  Not a lot of interesting things happened, but that's fine. 

Con amor,

Hermana Dangl 

 Obsession with Mangos 



(Cross) Cruz de Copoya 

No comments:

Post a Comment