Monday, August 1, 2016

Semana 20 - Mapastepec = Rain Everyday!


Hello all,

I don't have a lot of time to write, but this week was a whirlwind.  Last week I think I mentioned transfers so on Monday I said goodbye to Hermana Limon, Casa Bonita (our pretty house), and Tonala.  I also said goodbye to being a missionary in training, which is your first 2 transfers in the mission. This is both really scary and really exciting.  My new companion Hermana Arrellano, is from Ecuador. She’s 23 and has 9 months in the mission.

I am in a new area, with new people, and new members. Our area is the whole city of Mapastepec but on Sunday there were only 17 people in church.  Two of those people where my companion and myself. I am now the ward pianist on a keyboard and we also teach the gospel doctrine class and the 3rd hour of Primary to the children, which had 4 kids in it on Sunday. Wahoo! We give talks every other week as well.  
Basically, we need to hit the streets like mad to bring back the less actives and convert new people, especially potential Priesthood Holders.  Right now, the only one is President Toledo, and he actually lives outside of the city about an hour away. The "Casa de Oracion" (because it’s a house converted into a church because there isn't enough activity) and is close to our house so we give English classes every Saturday and Tuesday.

More about Mapa: It rains A LOT. Every afternoon it rains and sometimes even more.  I feel like it’s almost always sprinkling, and then pouring later on.  However, this does make it a bit cooler which is amazing! This week I discovered about 5 new types of fruits, including Mango Piña (amazing), some type of orange coconut, Quil (looks like a HUGE sugar snap pea), Rambutan (pink with green hair) and cacao. There are more but I can't remember them all.

I was also a little sick this week but I'm pretty sure it’s not connected to the random fruit picking and eating.  My life is forever changed. Also our house is actually one room and after Casa Bonita and how huge it was, I'm not even mad. We want to petition for AC though haha.  Basically, I'm doing all right and just trying to adjust to a new area.  I will send more information next week because I'm time crunched, but I hope everyone is doing well!


Con amor, Hermana Dangl 

                           Wearing our zone tshirts with Hermana Connolly, from my zone.
                Mango Piña (amazing), some type of orange coconut, Quil (looks like a HUGE sugar snap pea), and cacao.


                                                                        Rambutan (pink with green hair)

No comments:

Post a Comment